Friday 13 September 2013

Finished Product!

Well this post has been a LONG time coming... but I have finally finished Furniture Rehab Attempt #1!!!

Just as a quick refresher for those of you who may not remember, or who have not read my previous posts, I have recently developed an interest in rejuvenating old wood furniture. I have purchased several pieces of furniture via Kijiji that are tired, worn out, and in need of some definite TLC. The last purchase I made was two retro nightstands that had been painted by the owner at the time.

I paid $20 for an identical set of two...


They each received a good sanding, one coat of oil-based primer, two coats of paint, one coat of protective gloss and a new knob!

So now, the finished product (drum roll please!!) ......


Aren't they cute!?!

Just so you can truly enjoy all of my hard work, here is a true before and after shot.


I don't mean to toot my own horn, but I'm pretty proud of myself for how this all turned out. There were definitely a few moments of "what the heck have I gotten myself into", including this entire week when the knobs I ordered came with screws that were too long. This meant several trips to the Home Depot... one to find new screws (I bought two different lengths, just in case) and another to buy washers because one of the lengths I bought was too short and the other was still just slightly too long.

Overall I am happy with the result and have new energy to finish off the rest of the projects I have going. The desk should be finished shortly, I just have to hunker down and pick out handles. Which will just leave the bed... which has been a real test of my patience!!

Feel free to leave comments and let me know what you think, suggestions etc. I think I may have kinda, sorta gotten my SO's approval to look for more projects for the basement so... that can only mean more to come!!

So until next time...

D.

1 comment:

  1. Looks awesome buddy!! I can't wait to see the finished desk. :)

    MK

    ReplyDelete