Wednesday 30 October 2013

It's a Miracle!

My loyal readers... this is the moment we've all been waiting for. The moment when I am finally ready to reveal the finished product that is my second attempt at a furniture rehab project!

This one has been a LONG time coming! I mean, to be honest, this could have been done quite a while ago, pictures and all. But it just seemed like things kept coming up; I was waiting on this, I was waiting on that. But it has all been worthwhile.


Let's refresh your memory as to what the desk looked like before:


This was my $10 purchase from Kijiji... a child's-sized desk that was in definite need of some TLC.

As it hadn't already been painted, like my night stands, the process of prepping it for paint was much faster! I just gave it a really quick once over with the sander and then moved on to priming! After two coats of paint and one coat of poly on the whole piece I came to the horrific realization that the old handles were a random size, which means I couldn't just simply replace them. So that meant filling the old holes, sanding, priming, painting and putting another coat of poly on all of the drawers. That was a set-back I could have done without!

I also had a bit of an issue with the delivery of my handles (ordered from China). Then, getting the SO to put the new handles on was a real adventure. That process definitely involved a few choice words on his point, and me leaving the room more than once for safety's sake.

But that's enough of the background story... here is the finished product!!


Unfortunately I didn't have the patience to wait until daylight to get a better picture, so I'll just point out that the yellow is actually a bit softer than it may appear in this picture.

Here is a close-up of my handles...


And finally, a before and after shot to show you just how far this little beauty has come...


Let me know what you think!

In the meantime, I need to start planning for my next project! :)

So until next time...

D.

No comments:

Post a Comment